The East Texas Center for Independent Living (ETCIL) is
- A non-profit agency in Tyler, Texas providing services to the one in five East Texans who have disabilities, as well as education to the community on disability related topics.
- Governed and staffed by a majority of people with disabilities who bring a wide range of knowledge and experience to their work in assisting others with disabilities.
- Funded by contributions from foundations, corporations, and individual donors as well as federal, state and local grants.
- One of over 400 such Centers in the United States.
ETCIL assists people with
- mobility impairments such as amputations, spinal cord injuries, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, post polio, spina bifida, and cerebral palsy.
- mental, cognitive, or developmental disabilities such as traumatic brain injuries, depression, mental retardation, and learning differences.
- hearing impairments
- vision impairments
- Most services are offered free of charge.
For more information on ETCIL:
Local telephone: 903-581-7542
Toll free long distance: 866-567-8918
Local TTY: 903-581-4615
Toll free TTY: 866-246-6424